€450 per person
The place behind the Mountain!
Zagori in slavic means “The place behind the mountains” and this is exactly where this adventure is taking place. In a relatively unknown part of Europe away from tourists and distractions Zagori awaits to be explored by true adventurers. Surrounded by mountains with jagged peaks above 2000m and a variety of vegetation ranging from low bush to huge centenarian trees this area, riddled with tiny picturesque villages, stone bridges and rivers is Greece’s best hidden secret.
See also: Olympus 3-day
DepartureKapesovo or Thessaloniki
Departure TimeApproximately 8:00 am
Dress CodeComfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and warm jacket. See FAQ section for more information.
Day 1: Kapesovo to Monodendri
Day 2: Monodendri to Papingo
Day 3: Papingo to Astraka
Day 4: Astraka to Kapesovo
- Backpack (30-60L). You will need to carry all your stuff for the 3-4 day outing so a daypack is not enough.
- Hiking boots or trail running shoes with rugged outsole will be fine.
- A good grade waterproof jacket for weather changes.
- A warm midlayer.
- Long trousers and also shorts if you prefer for the daytime hiking.
- Sleeping bag with min. 5-15C temperature grading that you will need for sleeping in the refuge or a tent.
- Sun cream and hat
- Hiking poles
- Water bottle min. 1500ml