Olympus 1-day Zeus Throne
€145 per person
Do you hike fast? Are in a good shape? Do you want to discover the unbeaten and less hiked trails of Mount Olympus in just a day? This is for you!
A circular route up to the Muses Plateau (2650m) from Prionia (1100m) through Gomarostalos trail and back from the E4 path. This route gives you the chance to enjoy an amazing and rare view of the Zeus Throne, visit the Muses Plateau and the two Refuges, have a glimpse of Mytikas and the surrounding peaks as you hike the amazing.
Total distance: Aprox.16Km
Total ascent: 1680m.
Duration: 5- 8 hours
Gomarostalos is the most direct and fast trail to the Muses Plateau, but it is also challenging because of its steep slope. The trail is in very good condition and its biggest part goes through beautiful thick pine forests. On its last section just before Muses Plateau there is a part which requires rock scrambling. It does not require any previous experience and there is a steel cable installed on the rock which helps to ascend. To make it even safer we supply you with via ferrata equipment to enjoy the experience on its most.
This hike is suitable for those who have a fair level of experience and they can usually cover a 5-6 hour hike. We are flexible and will try to match your pace and go slow when you need to, or even run the downhills if you feel like, but a bare in mind that a good level of endurance is required so you will enjoy this hike. Our goal is to offer you an unforgettable experience of Mount Olympus and its most iconic sceneries, all these in just a day and always in a safe and respectable way.
DepartureThessaloniki or Litochoro
Departure TimeApproximately 8:00 am
Dress CodeSee FAQ section for detailed information.
Not IncludedAccommodationBeverages and snacksBreakfastMealsTypical Souvenir
- Hike or trail running shoes
- Backpack (preferrably 20litres)
- At least 1.5 lt of water and energy snacks (additional water or food supplies can be purchased from the refuges during the hike)
- Windbreaker or softshell (winbreaker pants are also advised)
- Second t-shirt
- Experienced guide(s)
- Trekking poles
- Via ferrata safety equipment
- Photo and video material
- Transportation from Litochoro or Thessaloniki to Prionia (additional charges may apply depending on number of participants)
- Food and drinks
- Tips to the guide
- Medical or emergency evacuation fees
- 1 person = 145 euros (pick up from Litochoro to Prionia and back is included)
- 2 persons = 250 euros (pick up from Litochoro to Prionia and back is included)
- 3 persons = 300 euros (pick up from Litochoro to Prionia and back is included)
- 4+ persons = contact us for details and special price arrangement